Saturday, December 16, 2006

OK, well, obviously I didn't meet my stated goals on this blog! So I'm going to have to start over. I do want to read Knuth's Masterwork, but I think the pace I set for myself last time is simply too much. So here's how I'll do it this time. I'll try to have the first book finished by mid-January - which means reading at just over 10 pages a day. The second book I'd like to finish by the end of February, and I want to be done with all three by the end of the semester. I'm taking Advanced Algorithms, so this will work out nicely for that course. And at 10-15 pages a day, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to stick to it this time. It's a realistic goal, but it still requires some discipline to do the reading every day.

I'm taking a much-deserved end-of-semester break through tomorrow (actually, I have to drive to Indy and gather some information on a programming project, so I will be doing SOME work tomorrow!). When that ends on Monday, I'll take up posting to this blog daily. Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home